GULUPA AND GINGER
For 6 to 8 people
FOR THE BASE
- 1 package of 240g sweet biscuits.
- 80g unsalted butter, melted.
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger.
- 2 cups of cream cheese.
- 1 cup of mascarpone cheese.
- 1 cup of white sugar.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 1 cup of Ocati gulupa juice without seeds (about 5 gulupas).
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger.
- Gulupa Ocati to taste – the pulp
- Crush cookies in processor until grainy consistency; you should not completely pulverize them. Take the crushed cookies to a bowl and mix with the melted butter and ginger powder until you get a kind of crumbly paste.
- Next, spread the paste on the base of a 23cm (9-inch-diameter) mold, pressing with your hands to form an even base.
- Aside, beat the cream cheese with the mascarpone until smooth. Add the sugar and continue beating.
- Pour the mixture into the mold over the biscuit base and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until it is ready. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven.
- When it is cold, remove it from the oven and keep it in the fridge.
*The number of pallets varies according to the size of the mold to be used.
**Reserve at least 90 minutes in the freezer before consuming to guarantee the ideal texture.